Sunday, April 11, 2010

Bienvenidos A Miami

From Carisa:
Hey Gang,
It's Carisa. Usually I just take the pictures and proof read Kev's blog to make sure nothing racist makes it in.... but today Kevin is gonna kill me.
He just wrote an awesome blog entry and I was trying to be fancy with the pictures and I erased it. He doesn't know yet. He thinks I'm just proof reading his blog. He is sitting next to me in the lovely Holiday Inn in Miami FL innocently texting his mom.
Uh Oh, he is looking over here... The jig is up...
From Kevin:
Well that was productive. I really did write for about 45 minutes and had a lot of great, only vaguely racist stuff in there. I get up for 5 seconds and Captain Copy Editor sends it the Way of the Dodo. Mucho Fantastico.
This is all written from a Holiday Inn lobby in Miami, as Carisa said. We're all here using the free wifi. Kate met a Scottish couple who'd never seen a computer before. I shudder to think how'd they'd react if they saw Carisa's iPhone. They'd probably burn her for being a witch. Weather-wise, the temperature is 91 degree. The humidity is 800%. I am made primarily of sweat.
BAH.
The first week was great. Ship life is as surreal as ever. Our neighbors are magicians and engineers. Whenever you turn around, someone is offering you food. Everyone is Filipino and the only thing I know how to say in Tagalog is "Manny Pacquaio", but that seems to be working. Carisa already convinced one of the acrobats to teach her aerial tricks, which means one of these posts will be written from the ship's medical center. All things are, as they say, progressing.
More pictures are forthcoming, as soon as Carisa's computer privileges are returned. For now, here's a picture of Deck 12, where the water slide lives.
We miss you all. Now if you'll excuse me, I have to watch a stranger play the ukelele in a Holiday Inn lobby. WE'RE DOING IT!















No comments:

Post a Comment